Who will do my treatment?
Annie Knight is a qualified remedial and sports masseur, who also holds advanced diplomas in aromatherapy and reflexology.
Please wear loose clothing and remove make up before your treatment.
What is involved?
Indian Head Massage includes massage to the head, face, neck, shoulders, upper back and arms.
The patient sits upright and massage can be given through light clothing or directly on the skin, using oils.
You will not be asked to remove any clothing if you don't want to, but please do wear a lightweight top.
What are the benefits?
The potential benefits of this therapy include the following:
- Improved circulation, bringing nutrients to the skin and muscles and removing toxins. (This can reduce joint stiffness, enhance mobility and reduce fatigue).
- Stimulation of the lymphatic system.
- Relief of sinusitis and nasal congestion.
- Eases muscle tension.
- Loosens the scalp, which may promote healthier hair.
- Help in reducing eyestrain and fatigue.
- Reduces stress-related headaches.
- Relaxes and eases stress.
Who is it suitable for?
This massage will suit most people, but if you cannot sit comfortably for 30 to 45 minutes, then this might not be the therapy for you.
Some people do not like parts of their head or face touched. If this applies to you, let Susan know and that area will be avoided.
Do I need to see my doctor before treatment?
Not normally. If you are at all unsure, speak to Susan Bunce before you book your first appointment.
Some medical conditions such as epilepsy and high or low blood pressure may need your GP's approval.
If you have any contagious skin conditions, blistered or sunburned skin, treatment cannot be given.